Gas Leak Repair
If you smell gas in your home it's an emergency. Turn off the gas, call your gas company, leave your home immediately, and get someone to find and fix the gas leak.
Gas leak repair is serious.
Of course gas and gas lines also power our stoves, ovens, hot water heaters, dryers, furnaces, and more. They are vital to keeping our homes warm and dry.
However, gas is volatile and extremely dangerous when leaking.
Here’s what you need to know about gas leak repair.
These mistakes could cause great damage to your home and person:
- NEVER strike a match if you smell gas or suspect a gas leak
- ALWAYS find a gas leak right away
- ALWAYS immediately fix the gas leak
Signs of a Gas Leaks
Here are some of the common signs of a gas leak:
- Someone smells gas – it smells something like rotten eggs
- A hissing noise from a gas pipe
- You see a damaged gas line
- Dead grass above a gas line
- Someone in the house suddenly gets a headache, dizziness, nausea, eye-throat irritation, breathing difficulties, or fatigue
These symptoms can be scary. Don’t panic, but do get help right away.
Finding the cause of a gas leak is the job for a professional. Here are some things to know.
A gas leak can occur anywhere along a gas pipe, gas appliance, and the connections in between. In other words there are many places to check.
Here are some of the most common causes for a gas leak:
- Seal between household appliance and the gas line
- Joint fitting together two pipes in the gas line
- Tree roots disrupt gas line
- Soil settling disrupts the line
A ruptured gas line is life threatening. Whatever the cause, get help the moment you discover the gas leak.
Who to call for Gas Leak Repair
Along with your gas company, a plumber will do your gas leak repair. Plumbers provide emergency service and can come to your home 24/7.
A gas leak is a serious situation. Your plumber knows this and will quickly come to help make the fix.
The most important thing is for you to get someone to make the repairs.
Help You Need
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Answer a few questions to get personalized quotes.
- Within seconds, get matched with top-rated local plumbers.
- Compare multiple quotes with a single request and choose the best pro for the job.