Baking Soda and Vinegar as Drain Cleaner
Baking soda and vinegar are great fun making a fuzzy volcano. That same fizz can unclog a drain in your home. It's the natural drain cleaner.
Follow the steps below and watch the video showing the fizz.
How it works
The baking soda and vinegar combo foam up like some commercial drain cleaners. And on the plus side the baking soda and vinegar aren't harmful to you or your property.
That fizzing action can loosen the blockage in your drain.
The warm water that follows the fizz can further break down the blockage. Fats and grease are common in drain clogs. The warm water separates them and pushes them down the drain.
4 Steps to Unclog Your Drain with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Unclog your drain with baking soda and vinegar.
Here are the 4 easy step.
- First, pour a pot of warm water down the drain.
- Next pour one cup of baking soda down the drain. Follow with a mixture of one cup vinegar and one cup water.
- Cover the drain and wait 20 minutes.
- Pour another pot of warm water down the drain.
Clearing Tough Drain Clogs
Sure, baking soda and vinegar are natural. It's also true that they won't always clear the tough drain clogs.
After trying baking soda and vinegar there are a few options.
- Snake the drain
- Use harsher commercial cleaners
- Get a plumber
There is a benefit from going with a plumber. They have all the tricks to safely clean out the tough drain clogs.
Help for you
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Answer a few questions to get personalized quotes.
- Within seconds, get matched with top-rated local plumbers.
- Compare multiple quotes with a single request and choose the best pro for the job.